What Is a Chem-Dry Carpet Cleaning Franchise?
We’ve built the brand, products, support and training you need.
Franchising is most often universally accepted as one of the most successful business formats and many of our franchisees have easily realised benefits such as greater flexibility and financial freedom as well as an enhanced lifestyle.
The Chem-Dry brand is well recognised and known the world over with a proven and successful track record that sets is name apart from other carpet and upholstery cleaners. As such there is no ‘hard selling’ involved, once you have done the ground work and set up your business the figures should speak for themselves – all you as a franchisee need to ensure is the continued and consistent excellent quality and service of the Chem-Dry name.
When you invest in a Chem-Dry franchise you will receive a protected market area, designating the regions that your outlet covers and ensuring that no Chem-Dry franchisees ever step on each other’s toes. This should then allow you plenty of room to get your business off to a squeaky clean start while still leaving space to expand and grow in the future. This agreement is backed by a written contract and Chem-Dry asks zero percentage of your turnover and we don’t give you any minimum quotas to fill.
Sounding good so far? Let’s whet your appetite a little more.
Chem-Dry SA is a full member of the Franchise Association of South Africa (FASA) with a commitment to abide by the ethical standards laid down by the international franchise community, while FASA is dedicated to the continual promotion of the advantages of franchising, to business entrepreneurs, prospective franchisees and the public at large.
As a franchise owner you are therefore guaranteed of full backing and commitment, not only on a national level but also on a global one. If by now you are asking yourself if you fit the profile, or whether you have the know-how to run a successful carpet and upholstery cleaning business, here are a few pointers to help you along the way.
Firstly, there is no ‘typical’ franchisee type. People from all walks of life have found success within the Chem-Dry franchise family. There are however certain elements that repeat themselves through each and every Chem-Dry franchisee success story. These are:
- an ability to work hard and maintain a good attitude in all situations
- a resolution to the faultless implementation of the Chem-Dry Programme
- the ability to consistently provide a superior product
- proven success through the ongoing utilisation of Chem-Dry training and back-up support
Secondly, we will train you in the ‘how to’, from how to clean carpets and upholstery right through to how to effectively communicate with your customers and potential clients. Initial training takes place at our headquarters in St Francis Bay over a 3-4 day period and includes accommodation. During this time you will learn about:
- the technicalities of carpet and upholstery cleaning as well as the various carpet and upholstery protection services that Chem-Dry offers
- usage of specialised Chem-Dry products
- rug cleaning techniques
- correct usage, care and maintenance of Chem-Dry cleaning equipment
- comprehensive training on how to apply the Chem-Dry computer programme, an easy-to-use system specifically designed for Chem-Dry franchisees to effectively and efficiently control and administer their customer database
All new franchisees will also receive a Chem-Dry Programme Training Manual, a Quick Reference Technician’s Training Manual and various other media issued from Chem-Dry’s global head office in the United States.
Ongoing training and support takes the form of regional visits, monthly newsletters, circulars – and also very importantly – through email and our own website on the Internet.
Once your training is complete, Chem-Dry franchise owners have the freedom to set their own prices and work at their own pace, on a full-time or part-time basis. Whichever you choose, always keep in mind that EVERYONE you meet is a potential customer and – because of the superb cleaning quality that Chem-Dry offers – return clients and referrals should be easy to source.
Complete customer satisfaction is one of the best ways of guaranteeing your success, so keep clients happy and let them do the advertising for you as they spread the world of Chem-Dry’s superior cleaning excellence to family and friends. As your Chem-Dry business grows so too should your advertising costs reduce, as your franchise expands through referrals and recommendations.
The Chem-Dry carpet and upholstery cleaning system is Green Certified and unique in that it offers a wholly different carpet cleaning solution to any other in the industry, making it a soft sell to customers who are tired of soggy, steam cleaned carpets full of toxic cleaning chemicals and artificial scents.
Here are a few of the benefits that the Chem-Dry carpet and upholstery cleaning system offers:
- unique, patented carbonated cleaning
- super- fast drying times – on average 1 to 2 hours
- no stream or shampoo – meaning no excess water and no sticky residue that encourages quick re-soiling
- almost 100 % removal of dirt and allergens from carpets and upholstery
- non-toxic cleaning solutions that are safe for children and pets
- specialised carpet and upholstery stain removal services capable of extinguishing most stains